Know your rights and responsibilities.


Quiet enjoyment

You have the right to "quiet enjoyment" of your rental unit. If another tenant's noise or behaviour is preventing you from enjoying your home, you should complain in writing to your landlord. With correct documentation, your landlord has the right to terminate the rental agreement of the disruptive tenant. If you are concerned about your neighbour finding out who made the complaint, you should ask your landlord to respect your privacy. However, if the case goes to an IRAC hearing, your landlord may not be able to guarantee your anonymity.